Please add this in excel 2007 if not I am stuck with 2003

  1. #1
    Jerry Stone
    Guest

    Please add this in excel 2007 if not I am stuck with 2003

    Insert Picture From Scanner & Camera

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Please add this in excel 2007 if not I am stuck with 2003

    Jerry

    I'm intrigued as to why this is so important when you can save the image
    from any camera or scanner so easily through the wizard in winXP and then
    import into Excel via the insert>image options.

    Surely for a spreadsheet (analysis, modelling, reporting tool), there are
    many things more important than that to convince spreadsheet users to
    upgrade.

    Does

    billions of additional cells, improved conditional formatting, improved
    named range handling, filtering and sorting by colours, improved charting,
    additional worksheet functions, improved intellisense for formula entering,
    improved file format, resulting in easily interrogated files and smaller
    file size, improved pivot table UI, better handling of external data
    connection strings, etc, etc?

    rank higher than import from scanner or camera?

    Don't get me wrong, MS has a long way to go to get much of what's there
    functional to a satisfactory level and I am sure there is much more
    spreadsheet 'stuff' that has not been included that will at later releases,
    but I would disagree that the deprecation of that feature will stop many
    people upgrading.

    MS collect trillions of clicks from users who have now switched of customer
    experience and it is only on this they make decisions on what is cut, so it
    must be a seldom used feature by most users

    just my £0.02

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Please add this in excel 2007 if not I am stuck with 2003

    Jerry,
    goto options/customization.

    Select "Commands Not in the Ribbon"
    Select "Camera, Button" and add to QAT.

    not ideal, but it's there.

    --
    keepITcool

    Jerry Stone wrote in
    <news:<[email protected]>

  4. #4
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Please add this in excel 2007 if not I am stuck with 2003

    Alternative:

    Tab: Insert
    Button Object

    Select any insertable object... BUT
    change EMBED(xx) on the formula bar to a cell reference.

    --
    keepITcool

    Jerry Stone wrote in
    <news:<[email protected]>

  5. #5
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Please add this in excel 2007 if not I am stuck with 2003

    oops. wrong camera function.

    I agree with Nick: Far more important options than direct access to a
    capturing/scanning device. Maybe that's why i completely misread your
    question. <VBG>

    --
    keepITcool

  6. #6
    Patrick Schmid
    Guest

    Re: Please add this in excel 2007 if not I am stuck with 2003

    > MS collect trillions of clicks from users who have now switched of
    customer
    > experience and it is only on this they make decisions on what is cut, so it
    > must be a seldom used feature by most users

    MS indeed cut the feature due to its low usage.

    Patrick Schmid
    http://pschmid.net