Locking the excel running the macro

  1. #1

    Locking the excel running the macro

    Is it possible to "lock" the excel running a starttimer macro so no
    other workbooks can be opened until the stoptimer is run? I have a
    starttimer that is to run for 4 hours every 5 minutes. I have noticed
    that if I get something through email it will open in that application
    and give me an error. Any help will be appreciated.

  2. #2

    Re: Locking the excel running the macro

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Locking the excel running the macro

    You can start you own instance of Excel that remains hidden eg.
    Dim MyExcel As Excel.Application
    Set MyExcel=New Excel.Application
    ....etc
    MyExcel.IgnoreRemoterequests may be useful also.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...