Conditional Formatting -- Apply to Row if Cell Value does not Matc

  1. #1
    SteveC
    Guest

    Conditional Formatting -- Apply to Row if Cell Value does not Matc

    In Column A, How to I insert lines for whenever the values change for the
    entire row A:AS.

    Pears
    Pears
    Pears
    Apples
    Apples
    Oranges
    Oranges

    I tried conditional formatting, but I only figured out how to use it for a
    specific cell, not a row, and only for specific cells -- not relative to
    changes to the cell above...

    thanks very much...

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting -- Apply to Row if Cell Value does not Matc

    You do wnat tot use condtional formatting but you need to chage from cell
    value to formula. Highlight Rows A:AS and then in conditional formatting do
    something like

    =$A3<>$A2

    This formula will condionally format when the Cell in A is not equal to the
    cell above.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    SteveC
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting -- Apply to Row if Cell Value does not

    Aha! Thank you!