Calculating number of occurences based on dates

  1. #1
    Henrik Fritsche
    Guest

    Calculating number of occurences based on dates

    I need to calculate how many times that a new item have been put in excel
    based on the last months entries.
    Anyone got a way to do that ?
    (It needs to be a running proces, so that we at all times can see the last
    month (or 3 months or 12 months).

    When this then functions I need to sum the quotations values.

    Best regards
    Henrik Fritsche

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Calculating number of occurences based on dates

    More info required, what is your data, how do you determine a new item, etc.
    etc.

    Bob Phillips

    "Henrik Fritsche" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Henrik Fritsche
    Guest

    Re: Calculating number of occurences based on dates

    The system is for keeping track of how many quotations we make and which
    values the quotes have.
    I list various information for each quote and have
    - date received
    - value
    - date quoted
    - date for follow up.

    What I need to be able to is to know
    - how many quotes are made within the last month, 3 months or 12 months
    - which value did the quotes have

    Offcourse I also have other parameters like
    - did it turn out as order or no order and why
    - which sales responsible have which quotes
    - which sales internal have which quotes and so forth.

    Hope you can help out, as I am a little stuck.

    Henrik

    --
    Henrik Fritsche

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Calculating number of occurences based on dates

    This should get you started

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(C2:C200)>=MONTH(TODAY()-2),--(MONTH(C2:C200)<=MONTH(TOD
    AY()))

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(C2:C200)>=MONTH(TODAY()-2),--(MONTH(C2:C200)<=MONTH(TOD
    AY()))
    quotes in last 3 months

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(C2:C200)>=MONTH(TODAY()-2),--(MONTH(C2:C200)<=MONTH(TOD
    AY()),B2:B200)

    for the value

    assumes quote date in column C, value in column B.

  5. #5
    Henrik Fritsche
    Guest

    Re: Calculating number of occurences based on dates

    Sorry, it seems not to function.

    Isnt SUMPRODUCT a times by times calculation ?
    Have you got such values functioning in your end by using it ?

    Best regards
    Henrik

    --
    Henrik Fritsche

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Calculating number of occurences based on dates

    "Henrik Fritsche" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry, it seems not to function.
    >
    > Isnt SUMPRODUCT a times by times calculation ?

    Hoistorically yes, but see
    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html for a detailed
    discussion on it's evolvement.

    > Have you got such values functioning in your end by using it ?

    Had a small type, try these 3

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(C2:C200)>=MONTH(TODAY())-2),
    --(MONTH(C2:C200)<=MONTH(TODAY())))

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(C2:C200)>=MONTH(TODAY())-2),
    --(MONTH(C2:C200)<=MONTH(TODAY())))

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(C2:C200)>=MONTH(TODAY())-2),
    --(MONTH(C2:C200)<=MONTH(TODAY())),B2:B200)