Is it possible to join columns where there is a match?

  1. #1
    Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK

    Is it possible to join columns where there is a match?

    Any guidence here will be much appreciated.

    It it possible to have one worksheet with unique values and another worksheet with values realated to those unique values in a second worksheet, and have a routine where either import the second worksheet columns to the first where there is a match, or create a third worksheet with the results?

    (similar to an outer loin in SQL??)

    Or do I need Access to do this (I dont really want to go there.)?

    Cheers

    wayne

  2. #2
    RB Smissaert
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible to join columns where there is a match?

    Normal way to do this is with Lookup formula's.
    Look at HLookup and VLookup in the VBA help.
    You can do it with SQL as well though. Here is a post
    that explains how that works:
    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...7bc1fa333007ec

    RBS

    news:[email protected]...