Compress into one page

  1. #1
    comparini3000
    Guest

    Compress into one page

    I have over 2,000 entries in one spreadsheet, with revenue figures in column
    H, and the figures are sorted ascending
    To provide the user with a quick overview on a printout, I wanted to
    "compress" everything so it would fit onto one landscape-oriented page. By
    compress I mean hide the middle values, not zoom out. By hiding the middle
    values, only the biggest losers and the biggest gainers are shown.
    My approach to this was not very sophisticated, and I tried to write a
    macro that would hide any rows with values between -100,000 and 100,000, but
    I was unable to.
    How could I solve my compression problem? thanks in advance

    comparini3000

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: Compress into one page

    One way:
    Sub HideRows()
    Dim RngColH As Range
    Dim i As Range
    Set RngColH = Range("H2", Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
    For Each i In RngColH
    If i.Value >= -100000 And i.Value <= 100000 Then _
    i.EntireRow.Hidden = True
    Next i
    End Sub
    HTH Otto