Conditional Formatting with multiple criteria

  1. #1
    Lara
    Guest

    Conditional Formatting with multiple criteria

    I am able to use conditional formatting for, say, one specific "set" of
    criteria, and please forgive, I am a completely noob with any kind of
    programming, so you are getting the "layman's" version of the criteria I am
    using:
    if F21>=M21, then turn the cell green.

    I got this. This works, using the conditional formatting.

    What I need to find out is if I can have it look at multiple criteria, such
    as...

    "if F19>=171 (or cell K21) and F21>=K20, then turn the cell green; if F19 is
    between 120-170 (or cells L21 and M21) and F21>=L20, then turn the cell
    green; if F19<=120 (or cell L21) and F21>=M20, then turn the cell green"
    There are really five different criteria I need to use to shade the cell
    green; alternately, both red and yellow, but I have them each separated,
    kinda like stop lights. heh.

    I don't know if I've made any sense with this in typing... it makes sense in
    my head, but I'm not sure I'm translating it out in words properly.
    Anyway... any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!
    --
    Lara

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting with multiple criteria

    It can be done but I have no clue what your critera are... You can use And
    and Or to come up with multiple criteria. Here is a start at what you have
    specified...

    =and(or(F19>=171, K21>=171), F21>=K20)

    This says that if (F21>=K20 and (either F19 or K21 is greater than or equal
    to 171)) then return true and conditionally format the cell.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson