Beginner help! error no return() or halt() function found on macro sheet

  1. #1

    Beginner help! error no return() or halt() function found on macro sheet

    Im very new and lack much knowledge about what im doing, so please be kind and very simple.

    im attempting to make a form for submittals. I am using a drop down menu for company names that these submittals will be sent to. and a drop down menu for the project# these submittals reference. this form gets printed and attached to whatever im sending, on the second sheet of the workbook im recording key info that I want to save in a log. I have this info sent to a database.

    everything was working fine untill

    1--I added the drop down menus, is there and end command I need somewhere?
    2-- inorder to update the existing workbook, I save-as, and changed the name, i think it kept the link to the existing database, but after the error message, nothing works...

    please help!

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Beginner help! error no return() or halt() function found on macro sheet

    This is an error associated with XL4 macros. Could be any of a number of
    factors.

    Lotsa hits on a Google search. Pay special attention to those having the
    error when using Template Wizard With Data Tracking.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T107329C3

    Gord Dibben Excel MV

    On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:31:22 -0500, steppin16
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Im very new and lack much knowledge about what im doing, so please be
    >kind and very simple.
    >
    >im attempting to make a form for submittals. I am using a drop down
    >menu for company names that these submittals will be sent to. and a
    >drop down menu for the project# these submittals reference. this form
    >gets printed and attached to whatever im sending, on the second sheet
    >of the workbook im recording key info that I want to save in a log. I
    >have this info sent to a database.
    >
    >everything was working fine untill
    >
    >1--I added the drop down menus, is there and end command I need
    >somewhere?
    >2-- inorder to update the existing workbook, I save-as, and changed the
    >name, i think it kept the link to the existing database, but after the
    >error message, nothing works...
    >
    >please help!

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP