Data Validation list in Input Box... Possible ?

  1. #1
    Corey
    Guest

    Data Validation list in Input Box... Possible ?

    Is it possible to have a data Validation List in a WorkSheet to be in an
    Input Box, to make a choice from ?
    If so How ?

    Regards

    Corey McConnell

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation list in Input Box... Possible ?

    Hi Corey,

    You intentions are unclear as a data validation list itself offers a
    selection choice.

    Perhaps you could expand on your requirements?

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:%23Pd2%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Corey
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation list in Input Box... Possible ?

    As with a LIST of choices from a cell using Data Validation.
    I want to know if it is possible to instead of having a single input box to
    place a value into,
    I would like to have a LIST of options to choice from in the Input Box.

    EG.
    If a Input Box asks for : "Enter a Customer name ?"
    Rather than having the chance of a typing error when typing in say "KMart" a
    List would display Previously eneterd values,
    and a slection would/could be made from these if it was used before.

    Regards

    Corey....

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation list in Input Box... Possible ?

    Hi Corey,

    Try using a Userform with a ComboBox control.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Corey
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation list in Input Box... Possible ?

    Excuse my naivity, But what is a Combo Box and User Form?
    I had a look through Help, but could not make up any code for an example to
    see how it works.

  6. #6
    Norman Jones

    --
    ---

  7. #7
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation list in Input Box... Possible ?

    Hi Corey,

    > Excuse my naivity, But what is a Combo Box and User Form?

    See Debra Dalgleish's Userform tutorial at:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

    See also Debra's Userform with Combobox tutorial at:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm02.html

    Regards,
    Norman