SelectionChange stops working

  1. #1
    andym
    Guest

    SelectionChange stops working

    Dear All,

    I am testing some SelectionChange event code. Each time it doesn't like
    like what I test it with it refuses to trigger the event again. My only
    solution to get it working again is to save the file, close the
    workbook, and close Excel.

    I then have restart Excel and reopen the file to try it again. Is there
    some 'reset' trick that saves me from having to go out of the
    application altogether so I continue on?

    Many thanks,

    andym

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: SelectionChange stops working

    Hi Andym,

    It is possible that the code is turning of events with the line:

    Application.EnableEvents = False

    If the code fails, the corresponding re-activation of events is not taking
    place.

    Therefore, try changing your code to include an error handler which restores
    the setting, e.g.:

    '=============>>

    On Error GoTo XIT
    Application.EnableEvents = False

    'your code
    XIT:
    Application.EnableEvents = True

    End Sub
    '<<=============

    Immediately, however, restore the setting by typing:

    Application.EnableEvents = True

    in the Immediate window and hitting the Enter key.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: SelectionChange stops working

    Andy,
    If there are errors in your code, then the IDE goes in to break mode with
    the line highlighted.
    At this point you can either correct the code or click the reset icon to
    stop code execution.

    You should not have go through all that to get working again, but then again
    it may depend on what you're actually doing.

    This may be a good time to introduce some error traps in your code to deal
    with exceptions.

    NickHK

  4. #4
    andym
    Guest

    Re: SelectionChange stops working

    Thanks Norman,

    this worked great!!

    I have another question, but I will start up another post.

    I appreciate your help.

    Regards,

    andym