Reminder Emails

  1. #1
    little_rascal
    Guest

    Reminder Emails

    Heya, I have this excel spreadsheet that store data of some licenses. The
    fields consist mainly of the description of the license, expiry date, the
    relevant party etc. Due to the fact that this spreadsheet serves as a source
    of centralised information, a reminder is required to be generated when the
    expiry date is nearing. The reminder is to be sent to the relevant party who
    is supposed to carry out further action (i.e. renew) the license. Thus, I
    need help on:

    1) How to reflect (i.e. highlight) to the user of the excel spreadsheet that
    the expiry date is nearing (let's say... a wk in advance)?

    2) How to extract the particular row of information in the spreadsheet
    together with the heading of the spreadsheet and send to the relevant party
    for further action when the expiry date is nearing?

    3) How to send the row of information as an email to the relevant party?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    For your first problem you can use conditional formatting to highlight your dates

  3. #3
    Greg Glynn
    Guest

    Re: Reminder Emails

    2) How to extract the particular row of information in the spreadsheet

    together with the heading of the spreadsheet and send to the relevant
    party
    for further action when the expiry date is nearing?

    If you choose to use conditional formatting as suggested, you can then
    interrogate a range to a color attribute to identify the records.

    For each c in Range("Your range")
    If c.font.colorindex = 5 'For change in Font Color to Red
    Do stuff
    End With
    Next

    For each c in Range("Your range")
    If c.font.Interior.colorindex = 5 'For change in Cell Background
    Color to Red
    Do stuff
    End With
    Next

    3) How to send the row of information as an email to the relevant
    party?
    Check out Ron de Bruin's Excellent "SendMail" add-in.

  4. #4
    little_rascal
    Guest

    Re: Reminder Emails

    Hi Greg Glynn

    I'm really bad in programming... may I know what codes i can provide under
    the "Do stuff" section and how do i go about inserting the set of codes u'd
    provided earlier? Click on the relevant worksheet tab and paste in "View
    Code" or select the expiry date column and select Macro --> Visual Basic
    Editor?!

    Thank you!