Crystal xcelsius

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Burrton, Kansas USA
    MS-Off Ver

    Crystal xcelsius

    Hi!
    I have recieved a great deal of outstanding advise and help from this forum! And I trust the people here to voice an honest (and informed) opinion. So I hope someone will have time to help me out with this.

    Do any of you have an opinion of the software program"Crystal Xcelsius"?
    Is it worth the 5 hundred bucks or can you pretty-much do it all with VBA?
    If I create a workbook with Crystal Xcelsius features can a user who does not have the software still use the workbook?

    Thanks for your time and your advise!!

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Crystal xcelsius

    Brian

    never used the software so I can't really comment. BUT, if I'm reading it
    correctly, the software allows you to create presentations from existing
    spreadsheets ... in other word, make it look pretty for the CEO, whatever.
    Maybe I'm missing something.

    Looks like you can download an evaluation copy though so why don't you try
    it.

    http://www.crystalxcelsius.co.uk/

    Quote:
    How it works

    Crystal Xcelsius is an intuitive stand-alone Windows application, designed
    to create engaging, interactive visual analytics from ordinary Excel
    spreadsheets. It is tightly integrated with Microsoft Office products, and
    requires no programming.

    Crystal Xcelsius uses a simple point-and-click interface to import Excel
    data and formulas, and output interactive visual analytics, charts and
    graphs, financial presentations, and business calculators directly to
    PowerPoint, PDF documents and the Web.

    Utilizing an intuitive and easy-to-use "point-and-click" interface, Crystal
    Xcelsius converts dull Excel spreadsheets into visual analytics in 3 simple
    steps

    End quote

    VBA doesn't sound like an alternative.

    Regards

    Trevor

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Crystal xcelsius

    Hi,

    Maybe worth having a look here.
    http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/XcelsiusMain.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    Brian Matlack wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I have recieved a great deal of outstanding advise and help from this
    > forum! And I trust the people here to voice an honest (and informed)
    > opinion. So I hope someone will have time to help me out with this.
    >
    > Do any of you have an opinion of the software program"Crystal
    > Xcelsius"?
    > Is it worth the 5 hundred bucks or can you pretty-much do it all with
    > VBA?
    > If I create a workbook with Crystal Xcelsius features can a user who
    > does not have the software still use the workbook?
    >
    > Thanks for your time and your advise!!

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info