Re: macro for converting number stored as "text" (or preceeded with ') to "number" formatting

  1. #1
    markx
    Guest

    Re: macro for converting number stored as "text" (or preceeded with ') to "number" formatting

    Hello Duncan,

    Hello everybody,

    I've tried the solution with

    activecell.value = activecell.value * 1

    and it seems to work very good (thanks!!!)

    Now, it still leaves me with some questions...

    If I modify the code to:

    Sub test()
    Range("G2").Select
    Do
    ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value * 1
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
    Loop Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell)
    End Sub

    ....it will block/stop on the first cell that is not "number-like" (f. ex.
    F64273/640ZUB/60407400) and put the warning box ["Type mismatch"].

    Do you know how to tell VBA to skip such cases and continue until the end of
    the column?

    Thank you for your input!

    Regards,

    Mark

    From: Duncan - view profile

    Date: Fri, Jun 23 2006 4:15 pm

    Email: "Duncan" <[email protected]>

    Groups: microsoft.public.excel.programming

    Markx

    A workaround I have used it to put

    activecell.value = activecell.value * 1

    Post back if this doesnt work (or if it does)

    Duncan

    From: markx - view profile

    Date: Fri, Jun 23 2006 4:06 pm

    Email: "markx" <[email protected]>

    Groups: microsoft.public.excel.programming

    Hello,

    I've tried to achieve this with macro recorder, but it writes only the

    ".select" part...

    (I used to select the whole range and than pass through the contextual <!>

    menu that appears briefly on the left side of the cell and signals the

    problem...)

    What is the VBA instruction for this?

    Many thanks,

    Mark

    P.S: Range("B3").Select

    Selection.NumberFormat = "0.00"

    is not functionning in my workbook neither...

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Edam Netherlands
    Sub test()
    Range("G2").Select
    Do
    If Isnumeric(Trim(ActiveCell.Value)) Then ActiveCell.Value = Trim(ActiveCell.Value) * 1