Detecting abnormal values in a moving range.

  1. #1

    Detecting abnormal values in a moving range.

    I need to detect isolated potentially abnormal values
    in a moving range of sequential data and write them in a separate
    worksheet.
    For example :

    Day# 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18

    Value x x y x x y y x y y y y
    z z y y y y

    This problem requires the control of 2 moving ranges, 5 days and 10
    days.

    Rules :
    1. The 2 days preceding values and the 2 days following values
    are equal to each other but different from the current value
    Write data to separate worksheet table under columns Day# and Value

    Case Day 3 : Value "y" is an isolated potentially abnormal value.
    Case Day 8 : value "x" ' ' ' ' ' '

    2. A cluster of 2 equal values are preceded and followed by 4 days of
    values
    equal to each other but different from the cluster values.
    Case Day 13 & 14 : value "z" are isolated potentially abnormal
    values.

    Expected table :

    Day# Value RangeSpan
    3 y 5
    8 x 5
    13 z 10
    14 z 10

    Help appreciated.

    Wayne.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Detecting abnormal values in a moving range.

    homework?

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software