Pls Help on from date tranfer amount to month

  1. #1
    Tiya
    Guest

    Pls Help on from date tranfer amount to month

    I export out standing statement file from other prg. to excel. data export
    like date, supply no., and o/s amt.
    I want to transfer o/s amount month wise next to data as per there month
    columns.
    Like e.g.
    First 3 columns are export.
    80020 36362 56890
    Date Supply No. o/s Amt Jan Feb March April Like Up to Dec
    1-jan-06 A23456 45900 45900
    12-jan-06 D67890 34120 34120
    02-feb-06 E34679 23784 23784
    17-feb-06 R4567 12578 12578
    21-mar-06 N5466 56890 56890
    Any help.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: Pls Help on from date tranfer amount to month

    - Assuming the Titles (Date, Supply No., etc) are in Row 1 and the data
    starts on Row 2
    - Assuming 'Jan' begins in Column D
    - Assuming the Month titles are all 3 letters (Jan ,Feb ,Mar ,Apr, etc)
    - In Cell D2 enter the following formula...

    =IF(CHOOSE(MONTH($A2),"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec")=D$1,$C2,"")
    - Copy the formula over to "Dec" and down the list of data.

    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown
    [email protected]

  3. #3
    Tiya
    Guest

    RE: Pls Help on from date tranfer amount to month

    Thanks Gary Brown for reply
    Is there any way can i do this with program. I have more than 1000 of rows
    in work sheet which have to work on all the months.
    If posible pls help me with some code if any.

    Thanks

    Tiya

  4. #4
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: Pls Help on from date tranfer amount to month

    that one formula will work from jan to dec / from row 1 to 1000
    you don't need a program
    HTH,