Macro for sorting color data

  1. #1
    Tufail
    Guest

    Macro for sorting color data

    hi there,

    i want creat a macro that could sort my data by color, each cell has
    conditional formatting setup, colors i am using red, green, blue.

    really thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Macro for sorting color data

    Hi Tufail,

    There is no native support for sorting by conditional format colours.

    Perhaps, you could add a support column, containing an expression based on
    the CF condition, and sort the data using the support column as the primary
    sort key.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Macro for sorting color data

    There is a commercial alternative from yours truly...
    http://www.officeletter.com/blink/specialsort.html
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA