writing excel

  1. #1
    vj5
    Guest

    writing excel

    i wanted to insert a symbol in a cell while cell is in edit mode. i alraedy
    post questions and goit reply its not possible.
    Now my question is that : if its not possible than how insert--symbol is
    working in excel.
    can i diactivate edit in cell and after inserting again activate edit in
    cell?

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: writing excel

    Hi VJ,

    Since a macro cannot run when Excel is in edit mode, it would not be
    possible, programmatically, to deactivate the cell.

    It is certainly possible to use VBA to insert a symbol - but not if Excel is
    in edit mode.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman