Placeing buttons on spreadsheet

  1. #1
    Nick London
    Guest

    Placeing buttons on spreadsheet

    I have a spreadsheet in which the user is to paste info from another program,
    then press a button placed on the spreadsheet and the macro will do some
    calculations. All these things work for me. My problem is that my buttons are
    placed directly on the spreadsheet, making them not very "stable" i.e. the
    user can move, delete them. I would like to have placed in some form of
    container (so that it looks like a userform etc. and that this container is
    "glued" to the spreadsheet.) If possible I would like protect these buttons
    in some way. If you understand what i mean and know how to do this please
    help me!

  2. #2
    DAV135
    Guest

    Re: Placeing buttons on spreadsheet

    I would probably use the first few rows as a header, and freeze the
    pane so that they are always 'frozen to the screen'. Place your button
    in this section and using the properties of the button, ensure it's
    locked and that you have the "Dont Move or Size with Cells" option
    selected.

    Finally, select all other rows except the first few which have been
    frozen, goto properties and unlock the cells. Then protect the sheet
    via the tools option.

  3. #3
    Nick London
    Guest

    Re: Placeing buttons on spreadsheet

    Yes that sounds like I good solution. However I am not sure what you mean by
    pane (I do not have the english version..I am writing a macro for Excel with
    the VB 6.3 in Excel). I can add buttons but I have not found any type of
    pane, do you know where to find it?

  4. #4
    DAV135
    Guest

    Re: Placeing buttons on spreadsheet

    You need to select the row just after where your 'header' finishes,
    then click Windows > Freeze Panes.

  5. #5
    Sally Mae
    Guest

    Re: Placeing buttons on spreadsheet

    Thank you for your help but I think that you are mistaken. By frezzing panes
    you only affect the viewing mode and it has nothing to do with the contents
    of the cells. Thanks anyhow!

  6. #6
    Tim Marsh
    Guest

    Re: Placeing buttons on spreadsheet

    you could create a custom toolbar which only pops up when the appropriate
    spreadsheet is activated. that way it is separate from the worksheetand so
    not affected by the cells

    hth,

    tim

    news:[email protected]...