if macro is made disabled.??

  1. #1

    if macro is made disabled.??

    Hi friends,
    I have a serious issue..Pls give some inputs...

    I have an excel file which as 19 sheets.
    i have made a macro which makes all the pages invisible except one when the workbook is opened.
    A login form is activated and only if a correct password is provided, all the other sheets are made visible.

    But my problem is..When the workbook is opened, a prompt dialog box appears whether to enable or disable macro.

    If the disable option is selected ..all the sheets are made visible..My macro is of no use then...Please help

    TIA

    Roshin.P.P

  2. #2
    Zone
    Guest

    Re: if macro is made disabled.??

    Roshin,
    My suggestion is to hide the sheets whenever the workbook is closed
    and saved. Then they will be hidden when the workbook is opened. That
    means your opening routine won't need to hide them, but only unhide
    them if opening routine is run and the password is correct.
    James

  3. #3
    Forum Expert
    Waikato, New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    2010 @ work & 2007 @ home
    Posts
    2,243
    Hi Roshin,

    Start with the sheets hidden, ie change your macro so that the sheets are hidden when the file is closed not opened & have a message that macros must be enable for the file to work. When you distribute the file to end users the sheets will be hidden & if macros are disabled the users will only see your message.

    btw, have a search of the ng's /forum for this issue & you'll find there are a number of useful suggestions floating around.

    hth
    Rob Brockett
    NZ
    Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

  4. #4
    Tom Hutchins
    Guest

    RE: if macro is made disabled.??

    As the other replies said, hide the sheets when the workbook is closed or
    saved. Instead of setting the sheets' Visible property to False, you can set
    it to xlVeryHidden. Sheets that are xlVeryHidden do not appear in the Format
    >> Sheet >> Unhide dialog. Few users know how to unhide them.

    Hope this helps,

    Hutch