closing subroutine

  1. #1
    Dean
    Guest

    closing subroutine

    I file I inherited has a private sub workbook before close that I can't seem to disable. I think it comes when I try to close out the file (duh!) and I suppose it is being called from somewhere else since, I stuck an apostrophe in front of the "Private" subroutine but it still keeps getting invoked, and crashing my exit attempt. How do I find from where it is being called and disable it there? I tried to search for the name but found it nowhere. Can it be within funcres or namemanager modules that seems to have passwords I don't know?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: closing subroutine

    That code is event driven, and is invoked when the workbook is closed, there is no call that you will see in code.

    If you don't want it, just remove the code.

    Bob Phillips

  3. #3
    Dean
    Guest

    Re: closing subroutine

    You can't just put an apostrophe in front of the private sub, right?

  4. #4
    Dean
    Guest

    Re: closing subroutine

    I assume there is something magic about the exact name "sub workbookbefore close" that causes the program to recognize it? Is that right?

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: closing subroutine

    Partly the name of the procedure, partly the fact that it is in the ThisWorkbook code module. You could put ' in front of it but the code will throw a compilation error.

  6. #6
    Dean
    Guest

    Re: closing subroutine