Force to enable macros

  1. #1
    Denys
    Guest

    Force to enable macros

    Good day everyone,

    Is there such code that forces the user to enable the macros in order to
    open a file?

    In other words, if the user "disable" the macros, then the file cannot be
    opened.

    Thanks for your time...

    Denys

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Force to enable macros

    Denys, have a look here,

    http://www.danielklann.com/excel/for...be_enabled.htm
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Force to enable macros

    Just for clarification, the answer is no.

    Tom Ogilvy

  4. #4
    Scoops
    Guest

    Re: Force to enable macros

    Denys wrote:
    > Good day everyone,
    >
    > Is there such code that forces the user to enable the macros in order to
    > open a file?
    >
    > In other words, if the user "disable" the macros, then the file cannot be
    > opened.
    >
    > Thanks for your time...
    >
    > Denys

    Hi Denys.

    No.

    But perhaps you could use the Workbook_BeforeClose event handler to
    "cripple" your workbook in some fashion (e.g. Protect all the cells or
    make the sheets Very Hidden - apart from the one that says "If you
    don't enable the macros, you don't get the worksheets!") and restore it
    to health with Workbook_Open.

    Regards

    Steve

  5. #5
    Denys
    Guest

    Re: Force to enable macros

    Good morning,

    Thanks for your answers. I used to hide my sheets just before closing. But
    Scoops, you gave me a good idea... I will make the sheets very hidden instead
    of "visible = true". It should help..

    Have a good day

    Denys