Combobox: Autoload property: WTH is it???

  1. #1

    Combobox: Autoload property: WTH is it???

    I have run searches in Excel help, Microsoft corporate web site and Google. No where can I find what the heck this presumed property that appears in the options box for a combobox does. I would really like to know, and also, why is MS intent on keeping it a secret???

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    London
    Don't worry about it.

    If you open the VBA code editor and look at the VBA help pages you will field a section on it. It isn't relevant for something like a combobox, but in certain scenarios, you might want to slow down Excel and preload an ActiveX component in the background. You'd know if you needed to use it.
    Martin Short

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Combobox: Autoload property: WTH is it???

    It is a property of the container of the combobox - the OLEOBJECT: (as you
    can see, it is ignored by the Combobox)

    Autoload Property

    True if the OLE object is automatically loaded when the workbook that
    contains it is opened. Read/write Boolean.

    Remarks
    This property is ignored by ActiveX controls. ActiveX controls are always
    loaded when a workbook is opened.

    For most OLE object types, this property shouldn’t be set to True. By
    default, the AutoLoad property is set to False for new OLE objects; this
    saves time and memory when Microsoft Excel is loading workbooks. The benefit
    of automatically loading OLE objects is that, for objects that represent
    volatile data, links to source data can be reestablished immediately and the
    objects can be rendered again, if necessary.

    Example
    This example sets the AutoLoad property for OLE object one on the active
    sheet.

    ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(1).AutoLoad = False

    Tom Ogilvy