Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Average If statement

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Ann
    Guest

    Average If statement

    I need to average DaysOpen by specific days, but having trouble with the
    formula. Any assistance would be appreciated.

    Date: I19:I1,000
    DaysOpen: L19:L1,000
    WeekDay: P19:P1,000 ("Monday", Tuesday", etc. - this field equals column I,
    but with Day format)

    Result I'm looking for is:
    Sunday = 2.35
    Monday = 5.46
    Tuesday = 3.46
    etc.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Average If statement

    =AVERAGE(IF(P19:P1000="Sunday",L19:L1000))

    which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
    just Enter.

    Bob Phillips

    "Ann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I need to average DaysOpen by specific days, but having trouble with the
    > formula. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    >
    > Date: I19:I1,000
    > DaysOpen: L19:L1,000
    > WeekDay: P19:P1,000 ("Monday", Tuesday", etc. - this field equals column

    I,
    > but with Day format)
    >
    > Result I'm looking for is:
    > Sunday = 2.35