Activate cell in column B after performing Find

  1. #1
    excelnut1954
    Guest

    Activate cell in column B after performing Find

    I have changed a macro that starts with the execution of a Find. Before
    the change, the result of the Find would end up activating a cell in
    column J, and then it would proceed........

    Now, the result of the Find could result in activating a cell in either
    of 3 different columns.

    What I want is after the Find, the cell in column B is activated.
    Before, this was easy in that I could use the Offset command to move
    the cursor X number of cells to the left. Now, I don't know where I
    will end up after the Find. So, I don't know how many to move to the
    left.
    Is there a way to keep it on the same line, but move it to column B ?

    Thanks,
    Hope everyone had a great holiday
    J.O.

  2. #2
    Scoops
    Guest

    Re: Activate cell in column B after performing Find

    excelnut1954 wrote:

    > Is there a way to keep it on the same line, but move it to column B ?

    Hi excelnut1954

    Try

    Cells(ActiveCell.Row,"B").Select

    Regards

    Steve

    > Thanks,
    > Hope everyone had a great holiday
    > J.O.

    It ain't a holiday in the UK. :-(

  3. #3
    excelnut1954
    Guest

    Re: Activate cell in column B after performing Find

    EXCELLENT. So simple, yet effective. I appreciate your quick response.
    Thanks.
    Opps... sorry about the holiday reference. I guess it's my American
    "Me" syndrome at work. Being of Welsh descent, I've always favored
    those in the UK.
    Thanks again,
    J.O.