Scanning barcodes into a worksheet

  1. #1
    skid
    Guest

    Scanning barcodes into a worksheet

    Hello everyone I hope you can help if this is even possible.
    Is there a way to tell the difference between a key press and a barcode
    scan, I want to be able to place what the barcode scanner reads into on cell
    no matter which cell is active, if this is even possible

    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Scanning barcodes into a worksheet

    Using this type of barcode scanner (keyboard wedge), its input is
    indistinguishable from normal keyboard input (unless you want to do a lot of
    complex work, from what I hear).
    So either ensure its input goes somewhere you can handle, or get a type that
    connects to a port and deal with its input yourself.

    Unless you analyse the Target.Value in a Worksheet_Change event, then
    move/copy to the desired location.

    NickHK

  3. #3
    skid
    Guest

    Re: Scanning barcodes into a worksheet

    Thanks for your quick response, I was afraid that was the case. I'll just
    have to dill with this.

    Thanks again for your help.
    SKID

    "NickHK" wrote:

    > Using this type of barcode scanner (keyboard wedge), its input is
    > indistinguishable from normal keyboard input (unless you want to do a lot of
    > complex work, from what I hear).
    > So either ensure its input goes somewhere you can handle, or get a type that
    > connects to a port and deal with its input yourself.
    >
    > Unless you analyse the Target.Value in a Worksheet_Change event, then
    > move/copy to the desired location.
    >
    > NickHK
    >
    > "skid" <skid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello everyone I hope you can help if this is even possible.
    > > Is there a way to tell the difference between a key press and a barcode
    > > scan, I want to be able to place what the barcode scanner reads into on

    > cell
    > > no matter which cell is active, if this is even possible
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help.

X vBulletin 4.1.8 Debug Information

  • Page Generation 0.05549 seconds
  • Memory Usage 8,862KB
  • Queries Executed 16 (?)
More Information
Template Usage (30):
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_global_above_footer
  • (1)ad_global_below_navbar
  • (1)ad_global_header1
  • (1)ad_global_header2
  • (1)ad_navbar_below
  • (1)ad_showthread_firstpost_sig
  • (1)ad_showthread_firstpost_start
  • (1)ad_thread_first_post_content
  • (1)ad_thread_last_post_content
  • (1)footer
  • (1)forumrules
  • (1)gobutton
  • (1)header
  • (1)headinclude
  • (1)headinclude_bottom
  • (3)memberaction_dropdown
  • (1)navbar
  • (4)navbar_link
  • (4)navbar_noticebit
  • (6)option
  • (3)postbit_legacy
  • (3)postbit_wrapper
  • (4)showthread_bookmarksite
  • (1)spacer_close
  • (1)spacer_open
  • (1)tagbit_wrapper
  • (1)vbseo_linkbackmenu_entry

Phrase Groups Available (6):
  • global
  • inlinemod
  • postbit
  • posting
  • reputationlevel
  • showthread
Included Files (40):
  • ./vbseo.php
  • ./env.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_url.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_createurl.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_db.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_vb.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_seo.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_misc.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_crr.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_cache.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_hook.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_startup.php
  • ./includes/config.php
  • ./showthread.php
  • ./global.php
  • ./includes/class_bootstrap.php
  • ./includes/init.php
  • ./includes/class_core.php
  • ./includes/functions.php
  • ./includes/class_friendly_url.php
  • ./includes/class_hook.php
  • ./includes/functions_cforum.php
  • ./includes/functions_facebook.php
  • ./includes/functions_bigthree.php
  • ./includes/class_postbit.php
  • ./includes/class_bbcode.php
  • ./includes/functions_reputation.php
  • ./includes/class_bootstrap_framework.php
  • ./vb/vb.php
  • ./vb/phrase.php
  • ./packages/vbattach/attach.php
  • ./vb/types.php