Scanning barcodes into a worksheet

  1. #1
    skid
    Guest

    Scanning barcodes into a worksheet

    Hello everyone I hope you can help if this is even possible.
    Is there a way to tell the difference between a key press and a barcode
    scan, I want to be able to place what the barcode scanner reads into on cell
    no matter which cell is active, if this is even possible

    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Scanning barcodes into a worksheet

    Using this type of barcode scanner (keyboard wedge), its input is
    indistinguishable from normal keyboard input (unless you want to do a lot of
    complex work, from what I hear).
    So either ensure its input goes somewhere you can handle, or get a type that
    connects to a port and deal with its input yourself.

    Unless you analyse the Target.Value in a Worksheet_Change event, then
    move/copy to the desired location.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    skid
    Guest

    Re: Scanning barcodes into a worksheet

    Thanks for your quick response, I was afraid that was the case. I'll just
    have to dill with this.

    Thanks again for your help.
    SKID