Runtime Error -2147417848 (80010108)

  1. #1

    Runtime Error -2147417848 (80010108)

    Hi guys,

    I'm new here so please bear with me.

    I have a macro that doesn't do much except open a workbook and copy
    some sheets into the active workbook, in the following way:

    Set Wbk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:="P:\Finance\Reporting\Machine
    Efficiency\" & Year(Date) & "\Total Cost.xls", UpdateLinks:=0,
    ReadOnly:=True)

    ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Variable Costs").Delete
    Wbk.Sheets("Variable Costs").Copy After:=ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Total
    Production")

    It's been working properly for a while but suddenly its has stopped
    working - now when I try to run the macro the whole thing crashes and I
    get the following error message -

    Runtime Error -2147417848 (80010108)
    Automation Error
    The Object Invoked has disconnected from its clients.

    Has anyone seen this error message before?

    TIA for your help,

    dalian

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Runtime Error -2147417848 (80010108)

    dalian,
    Is the last sheet in the workbook hidden?
    Does the sheet codename contain a series of 1's? (11111111111111...)
    You may want to take a look at this series of MS excuses to see if one fits...
    http://tinyurl.com/ozsxj
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA