Counting cells with Invalid Data

  1. #1
    Brad E.
    Guest

    Counting cells with Invalid Data

    XL2003

    I am circling invalid data at the end of my worksheet_change event so the
    user can see what is wrong. Is there a way to count, or even a boolean
    command so I know not to show the user the final tally?

    Depending on which cell has invalid data, sometimes the spreadsheet will
    still calculate it's total values. If I could paste a count (TRUE) into cell
    E50, then E49 could be set to only display the total if E50 is zero (FALSE).

    TIA, Brad

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Counting cells with Invalid Data

    It depends upon what determines invalid, but all you need to do is loop
    through the data and test against that rule, incrementing a counter as you
    go.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...