VBA Project Deleted

  1. #1
    Jack Clift
    Guest

    VBA Project Deleted

    xl 2003 is deleting my VBA project from an xl 2000 file. I can find the
    following (suggested) fix for xl 2002 users:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836031/ (excerpt follows...)
    ------------------------------
    VBA modules are lost when you apply a digital signature to a workbook
    When you apply a digital signature to an Excel 2000 or Excel 97 workbook by
    using Excel 2002, VBA modules that belong to the workbook may be lost after
    you save the workbook. When you open the workbook, you may receive the
    following Microsoft Visual Basic error message:
    Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost.
    If you click OK, and then click Enable Macros, you may receive the following
    error message:
    Errors were detected in 'file_name.xls,' but Microsoft Excel was able to
    open the file by making repairs listed below. Save the file to make these
    repairs permanent.

    Lost Visual Basic project.
    Lost ActiveX controls.
    ---------------------------------------
    but nothing that appears to be related to xl 2003. Need help...

    please!

    Regards

    Jack

  2. #2
    witek
    Guest

    Re: VBA Project Deleted

    switch off antyvirus software.
    Some of them recogonize vba code as a virus and remove code without warning.

  3. #3
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: VBA Project Deleted

    McAfee is known to do this:

    IF ThisWorkbook module contains any code
    that reads properties from VBproject object

    --
    keepITcool

    witek wrote in <news:<[email protected]>

  4. #4
    Jack Clift
    Guest

    Re: VBA Project Deleted

    Gents,

    this is an OFFICE problem, as identified in the KB article detailed below -
    what I need is a fix for the 2003 version. It is not antivirus software -
    other macros are working ok.

    Jack