Macro Button Link

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Benz
    Guest

    Macro Button Link

    Can someone help me, I need to create a button to link to specific sheets in
    a workbook. I don't know how to create the right code.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Macro Button Link

    What exactly do you mean by "link to specific sheets"? Buttons
    are linked to macros, not sheets.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Benz
    Guest

    Re: Macro Button Link

    Im new at this, I need to create a button that when clicked will bring up a
    disignated sheet (at the bottom).

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Macro Button Link

    Create a macro like

    Sub ShowSheet()
    ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet2").Select
    End Sub

    and attach that macro to your button.

  5. #5
    Benz
    Guest

    Re: Macro Button Link

    Ok, I created a button with specific colors using visual basic and used the
    code you gave. Now when I goto insert the button I can get it to link just
    fine, but it has the "default" button appearance. How do I change this?

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Macro Button Link

    depends on which toolbar you used to produce the button.

    Forms toolbar
    Control Toolbox Toolbar

    if the later, in design mode, right click on the Commandbutton and select
    properties. then set the properties you wish.

    Chips explanation would be more in line with one from the forms toolbar, but
    only limited customization are available for those - you can right click on
    it and select format control to see what is available.

    If you want your button to look like a flower, put a picture of a flower on
    your worksheet and right click on it, select assign macro and assign your
    macro to it (or use any autoshape).

    Tom Ogilvy