Format colour of cells based on other cell - 34 colours

  1. #1
    Graham Tritton
    Guest

    Format colour of cells based on other cell - 34 colours

    I need to conditional format the BG colour of a cell based on another cell. I
    can deal with 4 colours but not 34 seperate colours. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Format colour of cells based on other cell - 34 colours

    Hi Graham,

    Try something like:

    '=============>>
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim rng2 As Range

    Set rng = Me.Range("B1") '<<==== CHANGE
    Set rng2 = Me.Range("A1") '<<==== CHANGE
    Set rng = Intersect(rng, Target)

    If Not rng Is Nothing Then
    With rng2
    Select Case UCase(rng.Value)
    Case "ANNE": .Interior.ColorIndex = 3
    Case "BEN": .Interior.ColorIndex = 4
    Case "CAROL": .Interior.ColorIndex = 5
    Case "DAVID": .Interior.ColorIndex = 6
    Case "EWAN": .Interior.ColorIndex = 7
    Case "FREDA": .Interior.ColorIndex = 8
    Case "GRAHAM": .Interior.ColorIndex = 9
    Case "HARRY": .Interior.ColorIndex = 10
    Case "IAN": .Interior.ColorIndex = 11
    Case "JANE": .Interior.ColorIndex = 12
    Case "KATE": .Interior.ColorIndex = 13
    Case "LEN": .Interior.ColorIndex = 14
    Case "MARY": .Interior.ColorIndex = 15
    Case "NORA": .Interior.ColorIndex = 16
    Case Else: .Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
    End Select
    End With
    '<<=============

    As written, the background colour of A1 changes in response to the value
    inserted in B1.

    Change the ranges and trigger values to suit.

    This is worksheet event code and should be pasted into the worksheets's code
    module (not a standard module and not the workbook's ThisWorkbook module):

    Right-click the worksheet's tab
    Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code.
    Alt-F11 to return to Excel.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Expert Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    locked in the cage
    MS-Off Ver
    All the ones my homepage shows
    Posts
    3,161
    Try this by Bob Philips http://www.developersdex.com/vb/mess...2677&r=5116812 you can modify it by removing .EntireRow and adding a range or this one has lots of worked examples and explanations http://www.geocities.com/davemcritchie/excel/event.htm

    Regards
    Simon