separate data from one cell

  1. #1
    Sandy
    Guest

    separate data from one cell

    How can I separate the address field like...

    [Room 825, Star House, 3 Selisbury Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon] all this type
    in one cell, and I want to divided them into 4 parts...

    1. Room 825, Star House
    2. 3 Selisbury Road
    3. Tsimshatsui
    4. Kowloon

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Sydney, Australia
    MS-Off Ver
    2013 64bit
    Posts
    1,394
    Provided the address is always separated by a comma, just use the Data\Text to Columns feature in Excel, selecting a delimited souce with comma as the delimiter

  3. #3
    ADG
    Guest

    Re: separate data from one cell

    HI

    MallyCat is right using Excel to split the data in the sheet is best, but if
    you need to use VBA checkout the split function which splits text into a zero
    based array which you can then work with.

    Regards

    --
    Tony Green