Hyperlink problem:my macro's

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Hyperlink problem:my macro's

    Hi everyone,

    I just discovered all my macro's are useless because I have a hyperlink problem. Let me explain the situation.

    \1

    As you see I start with an xls file called Receipt Note I - MRN BP.xls. This file has a hyperlink to CMR BULK.xls.

    \1

    If you look at cell F2 in Receipt Note I - MRN BP.xls I filled in the word test. In CMR BULK.xls this word is linked by using the following function:
    So far so good

    \1

    Now I have a Save button and when I press this the Receipt Note I - MRN BP.xls is saved as 123456.xls

    \1

    Now when I click the hyperlink to CMR BULK.xls you can see the word Test is not there. This is because it still refers to:
    Does anyone know a solution for this that this code automatically adjusts to:
    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    re: Hyperlink problem:my macro's

    Hi Toni,

    Very properly, fewi n this ng would be prepared to open unknown attachments,
    but may are wiiling to assist.

    Try articulating your problem in a short paragraph.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    "TomBP" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    re: Hyperlink problem:my macro's

    the formula you show in your posting isn't a hypelink, but a linking formula.
    If you have both workbooks open at the same time when you change the name of
    the linked to formula, then I believe the link will adjust. Unfortunately,
    the linked to workbook has no knowledge of other workbooks that link to it,
    so you would have to maintain that information to insure the linking workbook
    is opened before doing the name change.

    Tom Ogilvy