Count Keywords in Column through Macro in Excel

  1. #1
    Dafinga
    Guest

    Count Keywords in Column through Macro in Excel

    I am a noob to VBA coding and was seeking help on how to output a count
    of keywords through a message box.

    I created a macro for a Excel spreadsheet and want to make a message
    box displaying this:

    Show a count of "shall" from a column and count of null's from another
    column when the Excel spreadsheet is opened.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Count Keywords in Column through Macro in Excel

    Here is code to count the nimber of instances of the word shall in column A...

    MsgBox Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Columns("A"), "Shall")

    Are you looking for the word "Null" or are you looking for blank cells???
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    dafinga
    Guest

    Re: Count Keywords in Column through Macro in Excel

    Jim,

    Looking for blank cells

    Thanks!