Help emailing worksheet range via Redemption

  1. #1

    Help emailing worksheet range via Redemption

    I am trying to automate an Excel macro so that it will run its update
    and email the results without any user intervention. I have installed
    Redemption, and I can successfully send a test mail. The problem that
    I am having is that I cannot figure out how to send a worksheet, or a
    range from a worksheet. I can only send hard coded text. What do I
    need to put in the safeitem.body statement to send, say:

    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:C10")

    Thanks!
    Tim

  2. #2

    Re: Help emailing worksheet range via Redemption

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I am trying to automate an Excel macro so that it will run its update
    > and email the results without any user intervention. I have installed
    > Redemption, and I can successfully send a test mail. The problem that
    > I am having is that I cannot figure out how to send a worksheet, or a
    > range from a worksheet. I can only send hard coded text. What do I
    > need to put in the safeitem.body statement to send, say:
    >
    > Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:C10")
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Tim

    Tim,

    Try the following link for some guidance.I had a simalar need to email
    a worksheet range a while ago and received some assistance. I modified
    code published by Ron de Bruin to email a worksheet range using
    Outlook. Hope this helps.

    Alan

    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2d9efcab2cc32d

  3. #3

    Re: Help emailing worksheet range via Redemption

    I tried using this method, but I couldn't get it to pass any of the
    formatting, or the chart that is on the page. I am hoping that
    Redemption will allow me to mimic the built in .item.send (which passes
    the formatting and chart) without the annoyance of having to click Yes,
    I know that a program is trying to send an email on my behalf.

    Tim

  4. #4

    Re: Help emailing worksheet range via Redemption

    It passes range data and formatting with no problem for me. I have read
    other threads regarding emaling charts.
    I did not see any code I could reference for you however, charts have
    to be copied as images to the body of the message.

    Sorry, I can not help you with the warning message. Ron's de Bruin's
    site has some information on bypassing the warning though.

    Good luck.