conditional formatting via check box

  1. #1

    conditional formatting via check box

    I have a userform called frmLeaveRequest that contains a check box named chkVac, I want to pass the conditional formatting of Bold, Red Font and a Border around the contents in Cell C9 in an Execl doc called LRForm.xls in worksheet LeaveRequested when chkVac equals true. How do I accomplish a task like that??

  2. #2
    jseven
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting via check box

    What I would do is make the routine on the checkbox change the value in
    a third "container" cell for instance "J7" (or any unused cell in your
    workbook) to true/false when it's checked/unchecked.

    Then just set the conditional formating of your cell "C9" to whatever
    you want based on the true/false indicator in "J7".

    You want to include some code on your from under
    frmLeaveRequest_Activate to check the value of "J7" and check/uncheck
    the box accordingly when you bring the form back up.

    This is all assuming you want to keep that formating once the userform
    is deactivated.