Excel slow at loading text heavy workbooks

  1. #1

    Excel slow at loading text heavy workbooks

    Hi all

    I have an Excel workbook containing a table which presents a large
    amount of text (i.e. 2000 cells, each containing around 200
    characters). This workbook takes an excessively long time to load
    (around 45 seconds!). Anyone aware of ways around this?

    Thanks in advance
    Kieran

  2. #2
    Peter T
    Guest

    Re: Excel slow at loading text heavy workbooks

    Hi Kieran,

    I created a workbook with 2000 cells in col-A each 200 characters text, no
    formats. Size was 89Kb, it reloaded almost instantaneously in my very old
    system. Guess there's something else in your Workbook.

    Regards,
    Peter T

    news:[email protected]...