Windows API

  1. #1
    BillyRogers
    Guest

    Windows API

    Does anyone have any recommendations on books about using the Windows API in
    Excel or Microsoft Office?

    thanks,
    --
    Billy Rogers

    Dallas,TX

    Currently Using Office 2000

  2. #2
    Francisco Parrilla
    Guest

    Re: Windows API

    www.google.com

    apis & vba ot apis & excel or apis & vbasic

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Windows API

    I have Dan Appleman's "Programmer's Guide To The Win32 API". It
    is for VB, not specifically VBA or Excel or Office. However, most
    all of what's in the book could be used in VBA.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "BillyRogers" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jake Marx
    Guest

    Re: Windows API

    Hi Billy,

    BillyRogers wrote:
    > Does anyone have any recommendations on books about using the Windows
    > API in Excel or Microsoft Office?

    The general recommendation is to buy one of Dan Appleman's books on the
    Windows API. The code is the same from VBA as it would be from VB.

    All the information on the Windows API functions/structs/etc can be found
    here:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en..._reference.asp

    This should give you a good start. Once you find the function name you
    want, you can google that name to find examples. Personally, I've found
    that I don't need to reference API books in order to interact with the
    Windows API - the web is full of examples and resources for most things
    you'd want to do.

    Jake Marx
    www.longhead.com

  5. #5
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Windows API

    Before you spend a bunch of maoney give this site a look see. It it a pretty
    good reference to get yourself started...

    http://www.xcelfiles.com/
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson