Copying Files From Sharepoints ( HTTP:\\xzy)

  1. #1
    Lokesh
    Guest

    Copying Files From Sharepoints ( HTTP:\\xzy)

    Hi ,
    I tried to copy from the Network Places Folders ( HTTP:\\XYZ -- Local
    Intranet Drive ) , but I was not able to copy using FileCopy Command , and an
    error message with Bad File Name has been thrown. Is there any other Command
    to do this or any modification in the FileCopy command will do so ??

    Explain me with a sample example or with Syntax ! An Internet Site Link
    would also be helpful

    Thanks In Advance ,
    Lokesh R

  2. #2
    Bill Schanks
    Guest

    Re: Copying Files From Sharepoints ( HTTP:\\xzy)

    Whenever I refer to files on a SharePoint server, I change the path.
    For example, file 'myfile.xls' exists on
    http://spserver/sitename/doclib/myfile.xls. I refer to it as:
    \\spserver\sitename\doclib\myfile.xls

    Please note you have to have specific security setup to view files this
    way. If you need me to look up what I did for security, let me know.