Suppress Update Links dialog AND don't update links

  1. #1
    Paul Martin
    Guest

    Suppress Update Links dialog AND don't update links

    Hi all

    I have created an Excel utility that works on the other open workbooks.
    When other workbooks are opened, I want to suppress the Update Links
    dialog (using Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False) but I also DON'T
    want the links to be updated. Users will be on Excel 97. Any
    suggestions as to a VBA solution that I can put in the utility which
    will be open first?

    Thanks in advance

    Paul Martin
    Melbourne, Australia

  2. #2

    Re: Suppress Update Links dialog AND don't update links

    Drop the .asktoupdatelinks.

    And change your code in your utility to open the file without updating links.

    You'll see an option on the workbooks.open statement that can be used to specify
    how links should be treated. See VBA's help for all the options.

  3. #3
    Paul Martin
    Guest

    Re: Suppress Update Links dialog AND don't update links

    Hi Dave

    The workbooks are being opened manually, and will not be opened
    programmatically.

    Paul

  4. #4

    Re: Suppress Update Links dialog AND don't update links

    If you're using xl2002+, you can use:
    edit|links|startup prompt (along with that application setting) to stop the
    update.

  5. #5
    Paul Martin
    Guest

    Re: Suppress Update Links dialog AND don't update links

    Hi Dave

    No, unfortunately users could be using any version from 97 to 2003, but
    mostly 97.

    Paul

  6. #6

    Re: Suppress Update Links dialog AND don't update links

    I'm out of ideas.