Simple Math Addition

  1. #1

    Simple Math Addition

    Don't Laugh. I just need to know how to force a value in a textbox to increase by a set amount when I click on a button. I know this code is not right but it will give you the idea of what I want to do.

    Private Sub CommandButton10K_Click()
    Me.TextBoxMileageValue.Value Plus 10000
    End Sub

    When I click the CommandButton10K I just want the value in the TextBoxMileageValue to increase by 10,000

    How do I do that?

    Thanks Jody

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Simple Math Addition

    Private Sub CommandButton10K_Click()
    With Me.TextBoxMileageValue
    .Value =CLng(.Value) + 10000
    End With
    End Sub

    NickHK

    "ssjody" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Greg Wilson
    Guest

    RE: Simple Math Addition

    Further to Nick's reply, you'll need to have a numeric start value
    (presumably zero) or it will raise an error. Right click the text box and
    select Properties. Then enter zero (0) in the Value field. If you for some
    reason prefer it to be blank on open then perhaps this:

    Private Sub CommandButton10K_Click()
    With Me.TextBoxMileageValue
    If .Value = "" Then .Value = 10000 _
    Else .Value = .Value + 10000