refer to specific worksheet

  1. #1
    Dirk Nachbar
    Guest

    refer to specific worksheet

    Dear all

    I want to refer to a cell in a worksheet by writing down the worksheet
    in A2. I tried =CONCATENATE("=",A2,"!A1") but it will write down the
    formula =sheet2!A1
    as a string and not evaluate it.

    Dirk

  2. #2
    Muhammed Rafeek M
    Guest

    RE: refer to specific worksheet

    hi
    use INDIRECT function

  3. #3
    Joerg
    Guest

    Re: refer to specific worksheet

    "Dirk Nachbar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dear all
    >
    > I want to refer to a cell in a worksheet by writing down the worksheet
    > in A2. I tried =CONCATENATE("=",A2,"!A1") but it will write down the
    > formula =sheet2!A1
    > as a string and not evaluate it.
    >
    > Dirk

    Try =INDIRECT(A2&"!A1")