Why can't I tab?

  1. #1
    Greg Little
    Guest

    Why can't I tab?

    Why can't I Tab to cells when I can select them with the mouse? The page
    is protected, the cells are unlocked. I'm at a loss. The Workbook is in Excel
    XP, however with Excel 2000, same results. TIA for any help.

    Greg Little
    glittle*at*sprynet*dot*com

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Why can't I tab?

    Greg,
    Tab, arrow keys, enter all work on unlocked cells on protected sheets; XL2K.
    Corrupt WB, dodgy keyboard ??

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Greg Little
    Guest

    Re: Why can't I tab?

    I'm thinking I will simply write off that version and go back to a known good,
    rewrite the new code and see what happens.... Thanks for the information, it
    rather confirms what I thought.

    Greg

  4. #4

    If you are actively in a cell (ie you are writing a formula) and try to tab from there, In my version of Excel, it doesnt let you Tab, dont know if this is what you mean.

  5. #5
    Greg Little
    Guest

    Re: Why can't I tab?

    Well, just in case...I have tracked down my own error(?). On the offending
    sheet, there are 15 cells, some merged, which are accessible. The rest are
    locked and/or hidden. I was using one of the locked&hidden cells to store a
    password, and as soon as the password was entered, the tab problem arose. And it
    was not un-doable. Deleting or clearing all the offending cell would not correct
    the problem. Thanks for the help, here's the answer just in case someone else
    manages to do it to themselves.

    Greg Little
    glittle*at*sprynet*dot*com