Make a list from two other lists in different files

  1. #1

    Make a list from two other lists in different files

    Hi All,

    I have a file which in column A had a list of numbers. There is a second file with a different list of numbers in Column A. Ther are NO repeated numbers, with the exception of the number 0.

    I want to have a seperate file which gives me a list in column A of all of the numbers in the first two files column A's that are not zero.

    Any ideas, via macro or formula or otherwise?

    Thanks in advance...

  2. #2
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Make a list from two other lists in different files

    HouseofRahl wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a file which in column A had a list of numbers. There is a
    > second file with a different list of numbers in Column A. Ther are NO
    > repeated numbers, with the exception of the number 0.
    >
    > I want to have a seperate file which gives me a list in column A of
    > all of the numbers in the first two files column A's that are not
    > zero.
    >
    > Any ideas, via macro or formula or otherwise?
    >
    > Thanks in advance...

    Copy the first list below the second list then use Auto Filter to delete all
    the zero rows

  3. #3
    That would be fine, except I need to have everything update as the first two files update.

    If file one has a list of 17 numbers, with 3 being zero, I need my external file to update if they change it to have 19 numbers with 3 being zero.

    Ideally, I would have in my third file a list of all numbers not being zero, that updates when someone using one of the first two files changes something.

    Any ideas?