Error on opening and clsoing Excel

  1. #1
    Mark Campbell
    Guest

    Error on opening and clsoing Excel

    The following errors are displayed each time I open and close Excel:

    On Opening- Compile Error in hidden module - Autoexec new

    On Closing - Complile Erro in hidden module - DistMon

    Im using excel 2003 with Windows XP Profesional Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

    Any help appreciated.

    p.s - This error has been present since I got the pc and don't think it has
    resulted from any macros I have ceated.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Error on opening and clsoing Excel

    Those error are cause by, if I remember right, the PDF Maker
    add-in. Go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins, and uncheck any
    checked add-ins.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "Mark Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Error on opening and clsoing Excel

    Please note that if Chip's assumption is correct about PDFMaker.xla, unchecking
    in Add-ins will not work.

    See KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q307410

    The PDFMaker.xla and maybe PDFMaker.dot are stored in your Office\XLSTART folder
    or in the Excel\XLSTART folder.

    Any files in these folders will open with Excel.

    You must remove them from the XLSTART folder.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Bob Flanagan
    Guest

    Re: Error on opening and clsoing Excel

    Mark, if you got Excel or Office pre-installed on your PC, odds are that the
    installation was done incorrectly. Try doing a Repair via Add/Remove
    programs. If that doesn't work, un-install Office, reboot and re-install
    office.

    Bob Flanagan
    Macro Systems
    144 Dewberry Drive