Excel 2007 Beta 2 thinks our Excel 2003 workbooks are corrupted

  1. #1
    lkrakauer
    Guest

    Excel 2007 Beta 2 thinks our Excel 2003 workbooks are corrupted

    Our product automates Excel 2003 to create workbooks. Each workbook contains
    a signed macro and a pivot table. Our customers are beginning to test our
    workbooks using Excel 2007. When a customer opens one of our generated
    workbooks using Excel 2007, then Excel 2007 reports that the workbook is
    corrupted and it offers to try to fix the problem. After the workbook is
    fixed, our customer can open the workbook. However, Excel then reports that
    the workbook has been modified since having been signed. So the macro (which
    is critical) cannot run unless the user turns off macro security entirely.

    Our product also creates some workbooks that include macros but do not
    include pivot tables. In that case Excel 2007 does not report a corruption
    problem. But it does report that the workbook has been modified -- and the
    user still must turn off macro security to allow the macros to run.

    The fact that Excel 2007 thinks that the Excel 2003 file is corrupted seems
    like an Excel 2007 bug. I would appreciate any assistance in determining a
    workaround.

    The fact that Excel 2007 won't run our signed macros with macro security
    turned on is also a major problem for us.

    Thanks!
    Larry

  2. #2
    Patrick Schmid
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2007 Beta 2 thinks our Excel 2003 workbooks are corrupted

    Hi Larry,

    Can you send me an example file that hasn't been fixed yet by Excel
    2007? I'll take it up with Microsoft to see what's going on here. You
    can get my email address from my website.

    Patrick Schmid
    --------------
    http://pschmid.net

    news:[email protected]:

  3. #3
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2007 Beta 2 thinks our Excel 2003 workbooks are corrupted

    Hi Larry

    I have had some problems with signed workbooks between before, when, and
    only when, two Excel versions were up and running simoultaneously. The last
    crash was so damaging that I promised myself "never to sign anything again"
    and never use version 2003 for anything but playing and testing. So maybe
    this is a more general problem than a 2007 bug. (And at least your files
    don't get totally corrupted, so I'd say 2007 is a huge improvement ;-)

    Best wishes Harald

    "lkrakauer" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...