Input mask on a form in Excel 2003

  1. #1
    Lloyd
    Guest

    Input mask on a form in Excel 2003

    Hi My name is Lloyd
    I know MS Access quite well, can you help me I want to put input mask to a
    date on a field in a form in Excel eg. 2006/08/08.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Input mask on a form in Excel 2003

    there is no support for this. You would need to use the change event for the
    textbox to validate the entry.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Lloyd
    Guest

    RE: Input mask on a form in Excel 2003

    Hi Tom
    where do I find change event for the textbox.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Lloyd
    Guest

    RE: Input mask on a form in Excel 2003

    Hi Tom

    Sorry maybe I did not explain myself. I am working in Excel VBA

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Input mask on a form in Excel 2003

    Yes, I understand that. I assumed you mean using userform or a textbox from
    the control toolbox toolbar. If not, where do you want to validate the data?

    If you mean in a cell, then look at Data=>Validation

    Tom Ogilvy

  6. #6
    Lloyd
    Guest

    RE: Input mask on a form in Excel 2003

    Yes I mean userform in a VBAProject (TextBox)

  7. #7
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Input mask on a form in Excel 2003

    double click on the textbox in the VBE and it should take you to the change
    event. Or right click on it and select view code.

    Tom Ogilvy