How do I set a macro in excel to save to a web site

  1. #1
    Mary Thomas
    Guest

    How do I set a macro in excel to save to a web site

    Hi there,
    I have a macro which saves my workbook to a web site and send me an email
    notification this is done. What I am going to need however is to have the
    file name change each time it is saved to my location so it is not being
    overwritten before I can pull the information.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mary
    --
    MT

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: How do I set a macro in excel to save to a web site

    have the macro do a saveas and give it a unique name.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Mary Thomas
    Guest

    RE: How do I set a macro in excel to save to a web site

    Will that change the name each time a user opens the file and runs the macro?

    I was thinking of adding a date or more than likely a number to the end of
    the filename that would change (advance or count) each time the macro runs.
    --
    MT

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: How do I set a macro in excel to save to a web site

    If you follow your idea and give SAVEAS such a filename (with date (and time
    if it is done within the same day)), then yes, it will be saved with the new
    name.

    Tom Ogilvy

  5. #5
    Mary Thomas
    Guest

    RE: How do I set a macro in excel to save to a web site

    Ok, Thanks Tom, I thought that should work.
    How do I format the date and time in the macro so that it changes each time?
    Mary

    --
    MT

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: How do I set a macro in excel to save to a web site

    Assume you will have a name like Mybook200607100830.xls (July 10, 2006,
    8:30AM)

    sName = thisworkbook.Name
    sName = Left(sName,len(sName)-16)
    sDate = format(Now,"yyyymmddhhmm")
    Thisworkbook.SaveAs thisworkbook.Path & "\" & sname & sDate & ".xls"

    just do demo some of the code from the immediate window:

    sName = "Mybook200607100830.xls"
    sname = Left(sname,len(sname) - 16)
    ? sname
    Mybook
    ? sname & format(Now,"yyyymmddhhmm") & ".xls"
    Mybook200607251444.xls

    Tom Ogilvy