Compare data of two excel spreadsheets in a third sheet

  1. #1
    Hanson
    Guest

    Compare data of two excel spreadsheets in a third sheet

    Hi to all of you!

    I would need some advice how to compare two data filled excel spreadsheets
    and display the output in a third sheet.
    Details of my task: I have two similar databases in excel sheets. I have
    several categories such as identification number, release date, geo,
    industry, revenue, ... What I need to develop is a (if possible) automatic
    comparison of these two spreadsheets in order two know the drifts and
    matches. Therefore the macro shall take per identification number the first
    row with data of sheet one and put it in sheet three. Then the macro shall
    search sheet two for the same identification number and if there is a match,
    copy the whole row of data in the 3rd sheet directly in the row below the
    already existing data with the same identification number. Finished with this
    step, the marco shall put one blank row below the gathered data in sheet
    three and start from the beginning with the next identification number.

    Thank you very much for any help from your side!

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Compare data of two excel spreadsheets in a third sheet

    Hanson,

    Contact me privately: deitbe at consumer dot org and I will send you an add-in that will add a by
    sheet/database style comparison option to your tools menu.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Compare data of two excel spreadsheets in a third sheet

    Your posting sounds like a specification for paid work. Guessing that is
    isn't, here is a place to start.
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

    --

    regards,