In Cell Calendar

  1. #1
    Sean
    Guest

    In Cell Calendar

    Hello Everyone,

    I'm trying to create an in cell pop-out calendar so the user can select
    from a calendar the date to be inputed into a time sheet.

    I create one using these steps found at this website:
    http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm

    For some reason I get an error when i run the macro:

    Run-Time error 2147417848 (80010108)
    Method "Value" of objec "ICalendar' failed

    Anyone have any idea on how to solve this or another way i can go about
    creating a pop-out calendar?

    Thank you,

    Sean

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: In Cell Calendar

    In Excel you need to add the control toolbox (Tools-> Customize -> Control
    Toolbox... Check). A new Toolbar will be added to Excel. The last button on
    that bar will have a hammer and wrench on it. Click that button and from the
    drop down select Calendar. Your cursor will swich to a cross hair an you will
    be able to drw the calendar directly onto your sheet. Right click the
    calendar and select format object. ensure that the setting for properties is
    Move and Size with Cells. Close this dialog. Right click the calendar again
    and select proerties. One of the properties is Linked cell. Add the cell
    Reference (A1 for instance) where you would like the date to be added on your
    sheet. Click the first button on the Contol Toolbox taht looks like a
    triangle (to exit design mode) and now you ahve a calendar embeded directly
    into your sheet. Changing the calendar insert dates directly into cell A1...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3